When booking your boudoir session with MIP-NE know you’re in great hands!
If you’re a first timer or a pro for boudoir, here are some helpful tips to making your booking and photo shoot experience:
– Check out YouTube or Pinterest for inspiration as well as the poses that Mirror Image Photography sends you. When booking, we send a ton of ideas your way ahead of time.
– Budget your time. Arriving 15 mins ahead of time is worth getting settled in, having last min questions answered and walking through your session play by play.
– You can expect to be in hair and makeup for 90 mins. It may not take that long, but budgeting for that time allows for you to not feel rushed and your stylist to achieve the best look for your session.
– Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate…. at least a week beforehand. Lots of water and nothing dehydrating. It’s best to not drink soda or alcohol before your shoot. Dehydration or heavy carbs can make you feel not your best. Hydration will also fend off blemishes and dry skin. It also combats feeling tired.
– Wear loose clothing to the studio. Clothing lines tend to not go away before your shoot.
– So many times I have people comment about ‘needing to lose weight before their session’. 5-10lbs will not make a different in your session. It comes down to posing, effort and having clothing that compliments you. Your beauty squad will never send you into your session looking less than perfect. All bodies are boudoir bodies. Come with amazing energy and enthusiasm and we got the rest!
– New lingerie is important. Bringing items that hold wrinkle or have damage show up post production. Styled options are available for purchase at most shoots and please let us know during the booking process your sizes.
– Consider a manicure or pedicure beforehand. Stick on nails work too and help time saving.
– Not only do the homework on posing but also what style of hair and makeup you wish to have applied. If services are not offered during your shoot, consider having them done at a local salon before your appointment. Professional makeup and hair will last through studio lights and camera lens defusing post production.
– Clients post session will receive a fine art credit on Pic-time, LLC Gallery. I encourage clients to purchase off of pic-time due to the printing lab quality and how they utilize high end materials and services. Your prints and albums will range from $65-$1400+. Know that you’ve made a significant investment when it comes to your session, and quality products will last generations vs. budget buys from Snap-fish or Shutterfly.
– Never feel silly to ask questions or voice your nerves. We are here to support you and deliver an amazing experience and gallery. We want this to always be a safe space and focus on empowerment. Ask all the questions you need to feel confident.
Further questions? Send us a message or inquire on upcoming shoots via link below:
#boudoir #boudoirphotography #allbodieswelcome #newenglandphotographer #vermontboudoir